Here are just a few things that I am thankful for:
- the wonderful and huge variety of friends I've made here
- my friends back home (or wherever the fuck y'all are), about whom I constantly think and miss
- my parents, whom I also miss immensely; I am so grateful to have the relationship with you that I do
- the USA: never before have I understood so clearly what it means to feel completely comfortable and home in a place. Plus, being the only American (effectively) makes me want to be as obnoxious as possible about it (...to steal a sentiment from Polly).
- Russia and the Russians
- the fact that my mom is coming to visit for nearly two weeks!!!!!
- the treadmill in my hallway that guilts me into exercising so I don't explode
- the words y'all and hella, neither of which I ever said back in the states, but have come to embody familiarity in a strange land
- the pizza I am going to eat with my awesome roommate tonight
I know it's been a long time since I blogged. Mostly, I'm lazy. The newest remarkable thing is the fact that it's becoming seriously cold. Last week I woke up, moseyed into the kitchen, and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the temperature was -25C. The cold, however, is no match for the cheapness I seem to have inherited from my father, and I would rather walk almost in tears than pay $0.79 for the bus.