Monday, April 25, 2011

Running into spring

I went for my first run of the season tonight. I could wax poetic about how beautiful the spring is and how good it felt, but I'm tired and it would probably sound retarded. There was a faint smell of smoke in the air, which was somehow very comforting. And I have been able to wear less and less clothing. This weekend, for example, I wore a dress, with no leggings and only a light jacket. Tonight on my run I wore leggings and a t-shirt. It was 9:30pm and still light out.

I had a long weekend of drinking beer in the great outdoors-- another favorite past time. It's pretty cool to see EVERYONE outside after such a long winter. Seriously, eff the indoors.

My dad arrives Friday, which I am crazy excited about. We're going to St. Petersburg with Katie and her parents. We'll probably do random touristy things around Moscow. Like visit the Russian Space Exploration Museum. And probably go inside the Kremlin walls. And other things. He's staying with me in my apartment, and given the recent demise of my couch bed, it means the two of us will be sleeping on (separate) mattresses on the floor in my room. Hella ghetto, but what're ya gonna do?

That's it. Time to sleep before my face falls flat onto my keyboard and less eloquently completes this blog post. Or maybe that would be an improvement. Good night!


1 comment: