Thursday, November 10, 2011

GOBOLE, part I

Or, Gross Over-generalizations Based On Limited Experience. I might occasionally post observations and conclusions I've drawn after living here for a year. We'll see if it goes anywhere. Today's edition will focus on dietary habits and preferences:

  1. The preferred food of adult Russian men is meat and potatoes
  2. The preferred food of Russian teenagers is pizza
  3. Sushi is available in every single restaurant in Moscow (or the Moscow region)
  4. Pescetarianism is to Russia what raw veganism is to America
  5. All Russians love cabbage and dill


3 comments:

  1. agree, agree, agree, agree.

    Reminds me of the scene in "Everything is Illuminated" when Elijah Wood's character tries to explain that he is a vegetarian and doesn't eat ANY meat, including sausage. Enter the baked potato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only my favorite scene from my favorite movie of all time.

    ReplyDelete