Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's mid-late December, and it appears snow has finally decided to fall and stay on the ground here. Although I shouldn't be so presumptuous, since it's snowed several times up until now, but ultimately melted into puddles and slush. The average temperature of the Moscow region for the first 15 days of December seemed to be around +3 which, in my book, definitely qualifies as a heat wave.

The difference is that now it's been in the negatives a couple of days in a row, and the forecast says more of the same is ahead. Thank god. I'm tired of the rivers and lakes of mud slush covering the streets I walk to work on.

The downside of snow is that it's kind of a gamble. Sometimes snow can be so peaceful and beautiful to walk in, other times it can feel a lot like tiny pieces of ice pelting your face (depending on temperature and wind). So we'll see how it goes today.

In other news, I usually dislike Christmas music, but I have listened to this song every day since I found it:

No comments:

Post a Comment