Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy February 13th!

Polly's mom recently mentioned I hadn't updated my blog in a long time. It's true. I'm often terrible at coming up with interesting things to say; not to mention food is one of my main past-times and one of my (spur of the moment, retrospective) new years resolutions is to stop posting useless food updates unless I have the energy to post the recipe and procedure pictures (made more difficult by the fact that I rarely follow recipes).

This is for you, Celeste (though I make no promises on quality)! Today I ate half of an avocado on some homemade bread. Dangit! There I go again.

The month of January passed somewhat uneventfully. Except for the fact that I changed jobs and moved in with my soon-to-be husband. Did I mentioned I got engaged? Back in December. It's probably time to update the name of my blog, given I no longer live in the fine city of Mytishchi.

In related news, the fiance and I bought a new and much larger bed. He was displeased with the IKEA experience and assembly process, but seems to be enjoying the end result (=large bed, those of you who have the experience of sharing a sleeping space with me can understand his happiness, Polly). I am also compelled to mention the fact that this bed is not a couch.

In other news, I was recently felt up by an 8 year old boy in one of my classes. I was playing a game where the kids (three 8 year olds) had to run around the room touching various objects I called out (to practice vocabulary/let them run around). My last command was "touch your teacher!" Two students grabbed my arms, the third walked right up in front of my and grabbed my breasts. I could've written it off as an honest mistake, except he did it so deliberately, and also with both hands.

And finally, a long-anticipated, random, holiday-themed sampling of our pictures from Sochi, nearly two months ago.

With our tree

With our tree by the sea

Me, the tree, and my new friend, king of the sea.

Polly's new friend, Дед Мороз (Ded Moroz, aka Russia Santa). No tree.




3 comments:

  1. Good job Rhea! I like to hear about your eating habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your updates! Yay for a new blog post - and a real bed! (and where did you find avocados?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprisingly, and unlike powdered sugar, avocados are really easy to fine. Sometimes they taste terrible, but more often than not they're good. The main problem is that you have to wait when you buy them, because they're rock-hard. But it's totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete