- I am constantly experiencing low-grade nausea. I can only imagine it's from the combination of travelling for long periods of time on lurchy public transport that reeks of gasoline, and the ubiquitous smell of cigarette smoke.
- Drunk people everywhere, all the time. It's depressing.
- The weather. It's supposed to be spring now, but the last two days have been characterized by chilly temperatures (-5 to -10C), heavy snow fall, and strong winds. Polly put it perfectly: "This is one of the only places that ruins spring for me-- it's just puddles and trash."
- My commute to work, which involves two buses and takes upwards of 2 hours (to travel a total of about 10 miles)
- Moscow traffic. I know it's related to the previous point, but it sucks so much I felt it needed it's own place.
- Spoiled children. Seriously, parents, put them in preschool,where they will learn social skills, and stop coddling them when they throw a tantrum over not coloring as fast as another child.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Puddles and trash
I don't know if it's the weather, which has taken a sudden turn toward cold and blizzard-y, or because I haven't been sleeping a lot lately, or just because, but lately my attention has been drawn to aspects of Russia/my life I am frustrated by. I am going to share them here:
Posted by Rhea at 4:06 AM